As part of development we used to restore CRM organization many times. Recently we found that the out of the box reports are giving problems which have sub reports.
When we try to open a report it is giving “Error – Subreport could not be shown” whereever there is reference to sub report.
Problem here is the relation between parent report and sub report got disturbed and CRM doesnot able to link these two reports.
Resolution (atlease in my case):
- From Reports section select the sub report and click on edit
- Remove the value in Parent Report look up field
- Map Parent Report again
This would solve the problem. But in some cases we may need to re-publish the reports. Below steps will help us in publishing the reports again
- Open command prompt on CRM application server
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Tools folder
- PublishReports.exe NameOfYourOrg
- Ex: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Tools\PublishReports.exe mytestcrm
Hope this helps 🙂